at all Gusto/Ardius Locations, including Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
We’re hiring engineers to join these teams and work on customer-facing products, developing features and iterating across our platform to help define the customer financial journey at Gusto. Our main goal in the teams is to strengthen our customers’ financial wellness and to deliver a consistently great experience across all of our products.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers to lead and grow projects from end-to-end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, writing frontend code, and overseeing ongoing improvements for deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
Ardius, a Gusto company, is a technology-forward organization that combines intelligent automation with Big 4 accounting expertise to maximize businesses’ Research and Development (R&D) tax credits. Our mission is to democratize tax incentives that reward innovation, giving all companies a bigger opportunity to grow and re-invest in themselves. By building an AI-powered platform that optimizes and simplifies the R&D tax credit process, we save companies valuable time and resources. We are a diverse group of individuals that strives for excellence with every client.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build delightful, secure, and elegant products that help customers claim tens of thousands of dollars in tax credits annually.
- Own what you build end to end as you architect, implement, review, test, and iterate Ardius’ R&D Tax Credit product suite.
- Design highly scalable systems that drive the tax credit calculations and provide robust audit support.
- Work with a collaborative scrum team with a mix of skills to accomplish more together than apart.
- Depending on skill and interest, concentrate on frontend, backend, API, or full-stack responsibilities.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience.
- Independent, dedicated, and able to deliver production ready code with high autonomy and minimal guidance.
- Enjoy working on SaaS technologies such as Ruby on Rails, React, Sidekiq, PostgreSQL, CI/CD and AWS etc on the cloud.
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism.
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain scalable systems, service oriented applications, and more.
- Finance and tax experience are a plus, but not required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.