Quality Assurance Analystat all Gusto/Ardius Locations, including Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Ardius, a Gusto company, is a technology-forward organization that combines intelligent automation with Big 4 accounting expertise to maximize businesses’ Research and Development (R&D) tax credits. Our mission is to democratize tax incentives that reward innovation, giving all companies a bigger opportunity to grow and re-invest in themselves. By building an AI-powered platform that optimizes and simplifies the R&D tax credit process, we save companies valuable time and resources. We are a diverse group of individuals that strives for excellence with every client.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Review design requirements and specifications to understand full scope and functionality of deliverable projects and/or features.
- Systematic review of Ardius website verifying optimal functionality of all pages, links, and performance across major browsers and screen sizes.
- Collaboration with cross functional Engineering team(s) to define test plans, validation procedures and test cases for Ardius.com groundwork and other online attributes Ardius may launch and scale.
- Conduct testing to ensure new features perform according to user requirements and within product design guidelines.
- Identify, document, and recreate errors, bugs, and/or defects arising from new feature testing and/or sitewide regression testing.
- Verify all errors, bugs, and/or defects reported are corrected and maintain industry and Ardius’ standards.
- Recommend solutions, improvements, and/or updates to enhance the testing process to be more efficient and/or effective.
- Coordinate with the QA team members to gain insights and visibility on known defects and errors as well as new projects currently worked on to understand impact to Ardius.com.
- Communicate with the entire Ardius team on updates related to internal and external quality process improvements and/or fixes.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in engineering/sciences or related field.
- 3-4 years of experience in related fields or positions.
- Extensive working knowledge of software development testing including designing test cases, manipulating test data and error replication.
- Experience in automation testing tools and scripting language to write and maintain end to end automation tests (ex. Selenium web driver or Cypress).
- Experience in performance testing tools and understanding performance metrics (ex. Dev console, Charles Proxy, Wireshark, Gatling or JMeter).
- Excellent organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison between developers, product managers, design, and customer success teams.
- Proficient in industry standard software and/or tools (ex. Jira, Confluence, Figma, Heroku, Scout APM, New Relic, CircleCI, or Jenkins).
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]