Billing & Finance Analystat all Gusto/Ardius Locations, including Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a Billing Specialist, you will play an integral role in the company’s Finance and Operations organizations. This role will report directly to the Director of Finance with a dotted line to an Operations lead.
Ardius, a Gusto company, is a technology-forward organization that combines intelligent automation with Big 4 accounting expertise to maximize businesses’ Research and Development (R&D) tax credits. Our mission is to democratize tax incentives that reward innovation, giving all companies a bigger opportunity to grow and re-invest in themselves. By building an AI-powered platform that optimizes and simplifies the R&D tax credit process, we save companies valuable time and resources. We are a diverse group of individuals that strives for excellence with every client.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for invoicing/accounting team.
- Update credit utilization of clients in the company’s portal tracking tool.
- Efficiently process tax forms each quarter to remit credits on behalf of clients.
- Work with the customer success team to ensure invoicing is prepared and performed in accordance with deadlines.
- Organize client documentation and maintain the CRM for each account in the invoicing stage of the fulfillment process.
- Assist the Finance team with ad-hoc reporting and research.
- Improve and streamline processes via process and/or system implementations.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with manual and systematic data processing.
- Familiarity with various software applications, such as MS Excel, CRMs, Google applications.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working with various stakeholders across the organization.
- Willingness to be flexible as the roles and responsibilities of this position may change as the company grows.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field from an accredited college/university.
- Prior experience with invoicing and billing customers.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.